Nuffnang ad 01

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What the Philippines Needs

A blog poster at Filipino Voices website wrote a very poignant piece titled "I Don't Need Heroes." Countering the clamor that the country needs another Jose Rizal or another Ninoy Aquino, he said that the country only needs people who do things the right way.





Here is part of the article:

"I don’t need heroes (not dead ones anyway), I just need persons who will do the right thing.
I don’t ask for people to die, I ask people to live and reach out.
I don’t ask a taxi driver to give up his life, I ask him to be fair with the taxi meter and observe road courtesy.
I don’t ask the cop to become a vigilante for justice, I ask him to enforce the law fair and square.
I don’t ask the fish vendor to come out to the streets and forego income, all I ask for is an accurate weighing scale and truly fresh fish (not the dynamited ones)...."

and so on.

And you know what? I fully agree with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment