Nuffnang ad 01

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

ADDed a new book



I just bought a copy of the book Delivered from Distraction, by Edward Hallowell and John Ratey. It's the latest from these popular authors about Attention Deficit Disorder, the syndrome often attached to children but can also happen with adults. I myself believe I have it, but have not had the benefit of an actual diagnosis. Anyway, the symptoms and traits of inconsistent attention stay with me, and I have nothing to do but deal with it myself. Now that I am much more knowledgeable about the topic, I am better equipped to handle my own problems, but the sad part is that all these years, I had only myself to depend on to solve my own problems, since everyone I talk to about this issue either tells me I'm too intelligent to have it (as long as I don't have it), I should be thinking of something else, or they're busy with their own problems. People I guess find it expensive or wasting their time to help me with my problems, but that's fine. I'll handle things myself, as it's probably meant to be.



I think I'll put the rest of my hard-earned money to books about mental illness, since I have family members with mental illness. I have a sister with schizophrenia, and I'll buy a book on that later on. I have The Autism Sourcebook by Karen Siff Exhorn, which is for my autistic nephew. I sure hope though that people would have the time to read it. If not, then it would have to be my task again: I read 'em and I explain the ideas to the rest of the family myself.

2 comments:

  1. You write very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    Please at my other posts and comment on them too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete