Nuffnang ad 01

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Spiritual Terrorism - what?

One of the Filipino celebrity children I interviewed, who I found at the time was studying in the same college I came from, showed me a website full of thoughtful articles on any topic, ranging from hobbies to politics. But what he showed specifically was a heavy, striking article on religion's effect on the world. And what a title it was: Spiritual Terrorism.







This editorial in Buzzle (now found here) uses the concept of borders as a tool for control of people via religion. After seeing this article, I was impressed. Examining the rudimentary dynamics of how some formerly unknown processes in human interaction at work was an academic epiphany for me. OK, I'm talking Greek here. I just meant, it was impressive to see someone explain how things work, especially when how the things works is something people often don't know about.

Yes, borders. It's a concept that's taken for granted. We all have borders to some extent. But unlike the view of this article, I do see borders as useful sometimes. We set borders on what we like and what we don't like. We set borders on what to do and what not to do. We set borders for what's acceptable and what's not acceptable. But in the end, how to we use those borders? This article outlines one of the abuses of the concept.

Though it's an all-too-common topic, it reveals the reality of religious abuse. People use religion to control others often. It's a practice best shown in how the 9-11 bombers did their thing. That's religion abused.

Hmm, I hope to submit articles to Buzzle later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment